Friday, February 11, 2011

Sweets: Chocolate Bread topped with Raspberry Jam and Chocolate Mousse

As I mentioned, earlier this week, I'm on a mission to bake a healthier cookie. I mean a classic chocolate chip ooey gooey classic made healthy.... Still working on it.... Along the way, I've created some other great eats like the Apple Butter Pork Chops that I made earlier this week. I also made this amazing Chocolate Bread and topped it with Raspberry Jam and Chocolate Mousse! I'm loving this Apple Butter. This recipe comes out to about 265 calories per serving. If I had used the appropriate amount of actual butter, it would have been 425 calories per serving!! That's 160 calories that you can spend on something else. And you won't miss the butter, I promise.

So what's Chocolate Bread? Well, its something that was meant to be a cake but came out more like banana bread. Whoops! I'm calling it "bread" to set expectations here. If you think bread on that first bite, it's really delicious. This is husband approved!



Chocolate Bread
(makes 9 servings)
(bread alone is 185 calories per serving)
(bread topped with Raspberry Jam and Chocolate Mousse is 265 calories per serving)

1/2 cup apple butter
1 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbs raspberry jam (I used Smuckers Seedless Red Raspberry Jam)
1 batch Chocolate Mousse

Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F

1. Mix apple butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.

2. Spray an 8x8 pan with cooking spray. Coat with a little bit of flour.

3. Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Stir just enough to combine the ingredients. Don't over do it!

4. Bake at 350 Degrees F for 25 - 30 minutes. Make sure a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

5. Top with Raspberry Jam and Chocolate Mousse.

6. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment