Saturday, January 29, 2011

Vegetarian Week

My husband and I had a date last night. We went to this wonderful steakhouse and had our fill of red meat. It was absolutely amazing. A petite filet served on a sizzling hot plate, cooked to a perfect medium. So. Good. We don't eat red meat often, so it was quite the special treat. Of course, now I don't really want to eat meat. I'm good for a while, ya know?

Today I made Butternut Squash Lasagna and a Cran-Apple Quinoa Cake. Both amazing. I'm also planning for some kind of Rice/Grain/Pilaf with Sweet Potatoes and a special nostalgic treat for my husband. We met in college and one of the most amazing pizza places was right down the road. His favorite is their Red Potato Pizza. Thin crust and basically a loaded baked potato in place of your standard pizza toppings. Of course, I'll put a healthy spin on it. So we've got lots to look forward to this week. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment