Let's hear it one more time for that shredded chicken!! I made this Thursday night, which means it was getting towards the end of the week and resources were low. This one is so easy to make and you can use just about any combination of meat, veggies, and potatoes. Whatever you have on hand! It's hearty, and healthy as long as you stick to lean meat, skip the cheese, and go easy on that oil & butter.
|That's a 1/4 cup measuring cup.|
(makes 2 servings)
8 oz shredded chicken, a little less than 2 cups
1/4 cup broth (hopefully you still have some of juices left from making the chicken earlier this week)
4 baby red potatoes, chopped into bite-size pieces, skin on
1 clove roasted garlic
1/2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1/2 small red onion, sliced
1 cup corn kernels (I used frozen)
1/2 cup, chopped spinach (I used frozen)
a pinch of salt & pepper
Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F
1. Boil water in medium sized sauce pan. Add chopped potatoes. Cook about 10 minutes, or until potatoes are soft.
2. While potatoes are cooking, heat extra virgin olive oil in saute pan. Add red onions and cook about 5 minutes, or until carmelized.
3. Add corn and spinach to caramelized onions and cook about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. When potatoes are done cooking, drain the water. Pour potatoes into a large bowl, add roasted garlic and
5. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray. I used a very small dish (4 x 7ish).
6. Add chicken and broth to the casserole dish. Layer veggies and smashed potatoes.
7. Cook in 350 degree oven about 20 minutes or until heated through.