Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Chicken: Shredded

Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts were on sale this week. So let's talk about it. It's one of my husband's staples. He could literally bake chicken plain and eat that, and only that, for dinner. I like chicken, but I have to eat something else with it. Luckily, the possibilities are seemingly endless!

Today, the basics. My favorite chicken texture is shredded. It's juicy, flavorful, and easy.




 Shredded Chicken
(makes 6 servings, 4oz each)
(about 120 calories)

1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast (usually 2 or 3 pieces)
3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup water


1. Heat non-stick frying pan over medium/high heat.

2. Brown chicken on both sides. Cook 2 -3 minutes per side.

3. Add broth and water. Lower heat, cover and bring to a simmer for 20 minutes. Flip chicken over after 10 minutes.

4. Use two forks to pull the chicken apart. Be careful not to scratch your pan. If you're worried about scratching the pan, transfer to a plate first.

5. Continue to cook uncovered until there's not much broth left.

6. Enjoy!

What do I with this??
Like I said, the possibilities are endless. This week I'll show you a fun ginger citrus salad, BBQ pizza, and whatever else I think up. Maybe a taco salad. Be creative. Or you can just eat it plain. Whatever floats your boat.








No comments:

Post a Comment