Wednesday, April 28, 2010
I've never eaten salmon that I really liked, so I'm experimenting. We tried some fresh from Whole Foods and some frozen stuff. The fresh was WAAAAY better. We tried it with some fancy topping on it and it was just too much. Tonight I tried to go simple and it was much better...
(serves 2 - 20 mins start to finish)
8 oz salmon filet
8 stalks asparagus
1 cup cooked brown rice
2 tbs EVOO (or smart balance)
2 tbs lemon juice
1 tsp minced garlic
salt & pepper (just a dash)
1. Heat 1 tbs EVOO in a frying pan over medium heat.
2. Season salmon with pepper. Add to hot pan. Cook about 5 -7 mins each side (longer if it's thicker than 1 inch). (Must have internal temp of 145).
3. Chop asparagus stalks in half (cut off tough ends). Steam about 3 mins. Add cooked brown rice, 1/2 tsp minced garlic, 1 tbs lemon juice, dash of salt & pepper. Steam another 2 minutes (or until water is evaporated).
4. When salmon is cooked, turn stove off. Add remaining tbs EVOO and 1/2 tsp garlic to the pink side of the filet. Flip and cook for about 30 seconds (any longer and the garlic will burn).
5. Put everything on 2 plates, pour remaining tbs lemon juice over entire dish.